Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A lift in the downpour...

Today there has been a lift in spirits.

In the waiting much prayer took place. My dad was supposed to go into his tests today at 12:45. I called my mom every 20 or so minutes to check in. I was planning on going to hospital once my mom said he was "in", because 45 minutes later we would know the answer.

So around 1:45 he went in, and at 1:55 I headed for Noblesville's Riverview Hospital. I arrived seeing my down the hall. "They found nothing". "What?" I exclaimed. "I'll tell you in a minute."

So she got her cheeseburger and we sat down. Basically they didn't find anything. What the ER doctor thought was internal bleeding wasn't. My dad has had two bleeding ulcers in the past, and now he is battling anemia and pneumonia. So they, the new set of doctors, believe this is the reasoning for the symptoms that brought him into the ER twice in the past two weeks.

Alas, he is on a new eating regimen and iron pills for the anemia. If after the pneumonia is gone, and the anemia gets better, they'll reassess. I'm praying the reason they didn't find what they expected to is because God healed my dad. There is no doubt in my mind that is possible, and I give Him complete glory for the lift in the storm.

I raise my hands and bow my head to the Peace giver and lover of my soul. He sang a beautiful lullaby over my heart today and called me to rest there.

Thank you body of Christ for being a part of my life. Thank you for joining with me in this fight. There is no doubt there are more mountains to climb, but I am also confident of God's presence in the midst of them.

Thank you for your notes, words of encouragement, and love poured out. You are a faithful family, and for you I give Gods thanks today.

Sincerely,
Katie

ps- don't crawl in caves. That may sound silly but yesterday I shut down. I hibernated. I went into my "cave" of processing and it made things worse. I would let no one in and I certainly wasn't coming out. God was with me, but my heart was so unbearably hard I'm not even sure I was listening to the One person who was trying to get me out of there.

I am thankful for God's presence with me. I am thankful that He yanked me out of there today. Note to self: do not crawl into a cave unless you plan on bringing someone out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Katers! I am so so so SO thankful your Dad is healed. All glory to our GREAT GOD! Your cave experience is such a common thing I think a lot of us do. I don't know why we think isolation is a good thing in times like this, but for some reason I think we get it in our heads thinking that it is good for us, when it is terrible. I am terribly bad at it myself. Glad you came out you little spelunker! Love you!
~Amanda
p.s. you think I would sign up for some user name or something, but I kinda like the anonymous behind it all. :)

Tyson Aschliman said...

Amanda (or is it Manda-muffin?)-- Just a quick comment on your comment... anonimity only works if you don't sign your name. :)

Kate-- PRAISE GOD! We were all praying yesterday, and are of course elated with the news! But I'm ashamed at myself, to be honest... because I never even considered the possibility until now, that it might have been a "healing miracle" that resulted in the "clean" test results. Thanks for this reminder. Funny... we pray and pray and pray for the desires of our hearts to be blessed and fulfilled, and then we're so quick to write off good news as "coincidence" or that perhaps we'd been praying for "nothing" all along... When in fact it was a REAL thing we were praying for... and God simply ANSWERED those prayers affirmatively. It's good to serve a living God!