Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Updates

Well, here I am in Mo's house, heckign my internet. I'm afraid I've cost him a pretty penny! But when you catch Lydia & Laura online (being Laura's 20th) you cannot miss the opportunity to talk!

Things are going well here! You know, this country becomes more & more beautiful to me by the minute. God is teaching me so much. The biggest thing I am noticing, is He becoming my all in all. He is becoming my friends, my family, my love, my all! It is a really cool transformation. But this of course isn't perfect & God is continuing to captivate my soul!

It is HOT here. It continually gets more & more hot as the days go by. But with the hot weather, work just gets better & better. I'm learning more swahili, and I enjoy what I do SO much. It is such a blessing. I am doing marketing, mainly, for Tanari, and they trust me. I feel so respected & as if my opinion really matters! Its amazing! They are all amazing men & women of God, & challenge me in my faith (and my swahili) daily.

This past weekend was a God-send! On saturday I went to the nearest "mall", 2 minutes from my house, checked my email, & sat a Dormands (a coffee place). I got an iced latte & read "Captivating". An american guy sat by me, noticed my book, & we began a conversation about christianity. He worked at Kanakuk & is from MO. Crazy huh? It was just a nice & relaxing day.

Sunday I went & visited the house from Out of Africa! For those of you who haven't seen the movie, its a must. It is beautiful & it was so nice to just drive around kenya. Soon we'll be going to feed orphaned baby elephants! Isn't that amazing? I love it.

Anyway, sad news is our week trip on Mt.Kenya has most likely been moved to the end of July - meaning I won't be able to go! But I'm just praying Lydia will come & we'll do a lot of site seeing. I might go to the coast in a few weeks. An american hook up from a guy I work with! That would be amazing!

I suppose thats it. Thanks for all you do! Keep the emails coming.

lots of love from the other side of the world,
Katie

- or what many call me "kate"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how much I love and miss you...praying for you girl.

Anonymous said...

Hey babe! Gosh I miss you so much. I'm really glad to hear you're doing so well. and AH! you saw the house from 'out of africa'?? that is awesome. Oh, and baby elephants...jealous.
Love you!!! -Liza