Friday, March 10, 2006

Kenya

Ok...its getting late here in Kenya & I can't walk in the dark, but I wanted to write a quick update.

I love my hosts. I got to spend a lot of time w/ them last night. I may be going out w/ Gina tonight.

Today was my first day of work. It wasn't hard, but I say sorry a lot & I'm learning the ropes. Its always hard when you're in a new job; but I'm really enjoying learning Swahili. Its a fun language. I don't know much yet, but I expect to since I'll be here for four more months!

Right now, I'm praying for a friend. Times are lonely when you're in a new country & no one is from America. I did meet this gal named Tracy last night. SHe is from Seattle & is probably 25 or 26. She gave me her number & I think I'll call her tomorrow. She could be really good for me.

Sorry this isn't a long one. I have a busy weekend w/ Tanari, but I hope to post again soon; and little longer; but right now I need to walk home before it gets dark. Keep up your prayers. He is so good to me & I've only been here 2 days.

I miss you all & your friendships & companionships. Write often. Thanks for your love & support.

Talk to you soon!

my cell phone: 0726 516 202. I think you may need to dial 0001 before calling; but I'm not sure. If you ever get the urge, I would LOVE to hear from each & every one of you. You're my backbone.

xoxo,
Katie

No comments: