Monday, March 13, 2006

Ok...

Karibu! (welcome)

Well, in all of my wisdom & knowledge, I decided to update when I don't have much time. Thankfully people tend to run a little late in africa, but on the other hand those who work w/ Tanari are different. Either way, they are flex & gracious.

I am in Nairobi! Habari yako? Meaning, how are you?

Last week I did go out with Gina; who is kind of a celeb here in Kenya. We went to a kenyan movie premeire, and I met so many people; including one who worked on The Constant Gardener (which I still have not seen)! Thankfully it is still out in theatres!

I have been hanging out with Muhia (mo) & Marcy a lot. Their sons are terrific. Kiama, who is 6, is into basketball. Boy does that remind me of home. I beat him in PIG & HORSE yesterday about 6 times, but he was still close. I only wish my hoosiers were winning as much as I am!

This upcoming weekend i am going camping for the first time. If you go to tanari.org, you'll find the program ROPES. That is what we're doing. They are trainging us, so that we can train others. I'm excited to get out of the city & into the "wilderness"!

My cell phone is a success. I don't have voice mail, but I've talked to my parents a couple times. THere is a funny delay, but I'm blessed all the same to have that easy communication (at least for me- not for them).

My room is coming together, and I have to go to the store & pick up some things to decorate with. And by decorate I mean tape to hang pictures! You like that? I know I know, high class on a missionaries budget.

As you can probably tell I'm settling in. I think the first few days I went into freak out mode, but I'm adjusting. Not to say hard times won't come, but GOd is so faithful in getting my needs met & relationships are blossoming. I've been able to start joking w/ those in the office & my hosts. If you know me, you know I need to be able to laugh & joke (perhaps a little sarcasm)?!

Well, I am going to be late to my meeting. They are forgiving, but I must be respectful. This will still take a couple minutes to load, and then I pay, and then I walk! OOPS!

Thanks for your support & love, and I can't wait to talk to you whenever I can. Thank you for checking my blog & I hope you find it worth your time.

See you!

xoxo,
kt

2 comments:

Barry said...

Woo! Rock on Katie! Glad to hear you are meeting people. Tell Mo and Marcy I said hi!

Anonymous said...

hey Katers! I LOVE YOU! It's exciting to hear how things are going for you. Do you have pics or anything? If they're already posted I probably wouldn't know how to find them, I'm dumb. I love reading your blogs though. I plan on getting g-mail soon, so I can e-mail you from there. I'm e-mail lazy.
So what's it look like there?
Love and miss you-
Liza