Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My dear friends...


I recognize that it was a little less than a week ago I updated my blog, but there is important information that needs to be stressed!

First order of business, on Monday, April 10th, it will be the anniversary of Sarah (my sister) going to Jesus. Me being away from my family gives to the expectancy of this day being a hard one. Thankfully, due to the busy weekend, I will have Monday off. I wish I could go to her grave site and lay flowers, or watch videos of her, or just talk to my family about her; but I am in Kenya. I understand that there is perfect reason for this being the timing. It is most likely so I will face it and perhaps deal with it in the healthiest way possible. I would just ask for your prayers. I anticipate it being somewhat lonely, but I intend to cling to Jesus every minute of the day. Not only does He know her, He lives with her! It seems appropriate I cling to Him. After all, He is my family & can comfort me more than my earthly family can. It is all in me allowing Him to!

Second, Easter. I am not going to Uganda to visit my sponsor child. This is to my sadness, but none the less Tanari is having an event at our camp, Camp Malta. I will most likely be spending it there. It will be a nice time & we’ll be able to celebrate Jesus’ death & resurrection together, in the body of Christ.

Third, Mo is going to the states. I have asked that he meet with my family Thursday night, May 4th. He will most likely be at our house in Carmel. I would love it if any of you could go and meet him. He will have a slide show of a lot of my pictures, and be able to explain in detail what I’ve been doing! It would be a really good chance for you to hear and see what I’ve been up to here in Kenya. I’ll keep you updated as to times, place, etc. But GO!!! Here about Tanari, and meet the man who got it all started.

That’s it. Things here are going well. It is definitely rainy season. I’ve experienced getting soaked to the bone already. It’s nice! Anyway, thanks for reading & keeping up with my life. Have a marvelous Easter, and keep in touch. You’re doing a good job!

Lots of love from Africa,
Kate


for you : Phil 1:3-7

BY THE WAY- The picture is of the Tanari Staff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kathryn,
you said in your email april 4, then on your blog march 4, but i'm hoping you mean may 4, because all the other dates have left us...and we all want to meet Mo. i love you friend and i'll lay an extra flower on sarah's grave for you. i miss you like crazy and can't wait to talk to you. i downloaded that thing on my computer but need to look for a way to use it....