Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Coast for Easter



I don’t think there is any better way to celebrate Easter than at the Coast. It was b-e-a-utiful! I went with a church group, of about 30 people. For over a week now I have been a bit sick. I’ve made several trips to the hospital (not deathly ill, but the hospital is the best option) Unfortunately this sickness returned while at the coast; but it certainly didn’t take over my time.

We traveled through the night on Thursday night & arrived in Mombasa early Friday morning. From there we traveled to our destination; a campsite 200 feet from the beach. It was wonderful. “Good things come to those who wait”. When we arrived at the campsite, we played icebreaker games & set up our tents. THEN we got to finally visit the beach; and that’s where I stayed most of the time.

There were 3 other Americans there, to my surprise, but they were all very fun & always wanted to be at the beach was well. This made for a fabulous time. I got to play Frisbee a lot, with Evans & Craig. If you know me, you know one of my greatest joys in life is playing Frisbee on the beach. And so God richly blessed me in this area.

The water was clear, the beaches were white, and the swimming was good. The people were fabulous & God continually captivated my heart by kissing me with the warm sun, the gentle breezes, & beautiful sunrises. I had yet to see the sunrise in the east. When the time came for sunset I forgot that it was on the other side of the world. The sun rises in the East. Thats where I was. But I awoke every morning to see the sunrise.

The last night everyone stayed up late & swam in the pool. It was lit up by the moonlight & ridiculously fun. Then we traveled, a lot, on Monday. All the way back to the big city & work.

The coast was a wonderful “break” from reality in the city. Now that I’m back I’ve been visiting the hospital daily so they can find what is going wrong in my stomach. Lord willing, after tomorrow’s visit we’ll have diagnosed me & I’ll be on my way.

Otherwise, I’m staying busy in Nairobi. Thanks for all your prayers & emails through out Sarah’s one year anniversary. It went well. Please just pray for healing now, and a time of rest. It is needed.

Until my next update! See you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie Umbaugh! How exciting! I just read through most of your blogs. It sounds like you've been having quite an adventure! God is clearly doing wonderful things in your life. I pray that He will shine brightly through you. And I hope that your stomach feels better. Thank you for setting a good example for all of us and making yourself available for God to use. He has sent you into the harvest!

Monty