Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Adjustments...

Well needless to say the patience I learned in Kenya is in a different way. Things like traffic, service, conversation, relationships, meals, etc., I learned to be decently patient in. Waiting on direction, from the Lord, is something I'm still trying to get my mind around. I just deleted a really quick post I made while in Florida. I was up for an interview but turns out its bogus. In a way that they were lying about the job & praise God I found out before hand. Now I feel like I'm back a square one. Honestly, I have all these desires & things I could see myself doing, but I don't feel a push. Certainly not from lack of self-motivation, because trust me, being poorer than I was in college is not fun. I'm motivated; but direction is lacking. Perhaps its out of my lack of seeking God's face...which I obviously need to do more of. But I do think He is trying to say "Katie... take a breather". I tend to push life along with no room for thinking, feeling, processing, and I always want to get to the next step.

Well right now with my parents moving the next step is getting them out of 1425 Stonemill circle. I have a sinking feeling in this little process of moving us out of a house we've been in for 13 years, processing & thinking will occur. I run across memories of Sarah. Her clothes, books, drawings, movies, etc., and I will almost be forced to think about her & allow myself the grief. On the other hand, I am an enormous pack rat. Everything is sentimental to me & with this its always hard for me to move. So as I look on memories of junior high, high school, and even stuff I kept from college, I'll be saying goodbye in an effort to minimize.

NEWS FLASH: I will not be living with my parents in Carmel. I've been offered a place to stay (virtually rent free & thats only if she turns down my offers for money) to live in Noblesville. This gracious woman's name is Nancy. She has an extra bedroom & an old friend is living with her right now too. So as I make efforts to get my feet on the ground & jolly (my car) off the driveway, I'll be living there.

I suppose those are the most recent updates. I ask for your prayer as my parents make this enormous transition, and as they try desperately to avoid going through Sarah's things. This is the house we remember her in & we all have to remember that the memories we take with us because they aren't in the house.

Anyway, thanks for your support & if you are the ONE person reading this... thanks for reading.

love,
katie

No comments: