Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Return Home


Yes its true, the adventure that seems as though it was just yesterday, is now complete. I can assure you the time for me to process that journey has barely begun, but I can tell you this, I miss Kenya. I have never known a place or people that are so close to home. Then again, I've never lived anywhere for a significant amount of time... other than Indiana. So, every time I see "kenya" or hear about it, there is a part of me that wishes I could be there.

On the flip side, I'm pretty sure God has me here for a specific purpose. My family is moving... for many reasons, but it is indeed so. God has given them the clue, & they are answering. The thing is they're starting in a rental, that for the amount of stuff the Umbaugh's have accumulated, it doesn't fit. From there they are building, but we obviously will be in the rental for a bit. Lydia is getting married in February, so shes not going anywhere. Laura (although perhaps not public yet) will be at home this semester and pursuing goals in the areas of style & fashing. Me? Well, as you know I'm a recent (minus 2 credits) graduate of Indiana University. I have no job, no money, and a quickly dying car. The new rental has 3 bedrooms. Thatleaves Laura & I (so Lydia can have her last room to herself) sharing a bed & a room. Lovely? I think so! :) But at the same time there is a push within me, and the fam, to get a quick hire and decent pay, so that I may become financially independant for the first time in my life! We'll see how that goes.

In other news... God is absolultely amazing for giving us this house. Kesho (tomorrow) I'll be working for my friend Blake who has begun his own landscaping company. Then next week I'll be going to Florida with a most gracious sister & brother-in-law (namely Rob & Anna). She has to get through some processing for life, and I for Kenya. So this will be much needed, prior to me joining the grind!

Yesterday in the shower I was listening to a christian radio station and they began talking, and my ears perked up when I heard "Here I am in Nairobi, Kenya". There was a radio announcer in Nairobi with Compassion International, who we(Tanari) worked with when I was over there. It almost brough a tear to my eye! But there is a time for everything, and it looks like it is the time for me to start this crazy financially stressing independant life!!!

So here I go...

xoxo,
katie

ps- I have decided to continue this blog. I don't promise to make frequent updates, but I suppose if this an easy way for you to keep up on my life, than you'll be able to stay informed!

pps- This picture is of us playing while Lyd was trying on wedding dresses!!!

No comments: