Monday, July 03, 2006

Its almost over...



Hello my faithful blog readers.

I understand that I’ve been a bit slow on posting. I suppose with Lydia being here I don’t feel the need, or rather, there is a lot less time for me to spend writing an update. But because you are faithful & the slight chance you want an update, here you go!

Last week we went on safari in the Masai Mara. It was incredible. We saw all of the “big 5” except Rhino. The big five are: Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Elephant, & Buffalo. We saw herds of buffalo & zebra migrating. We saw baby lion cubs, baby monkey feeding on its mama, baby elephants, ok…. Basically, it was the lion king in real life. The scenery was incredible. I’ll soon put up pictures when Lydia & I find a way to get the pictures from her camera to my computer!

Kesho (tomorrow) we are leaving for Mombasa, by train. It is on the coast of the Indian Ocean & absolutely beautiful. We’ve been trying to convince friends to come & stay with us in our little cottage, but if they don’t, we rest assured our time there will be lovely. It’s going to be perfect weather. We’ll return Sunday night by bus, and then Lydia leaves on Tuesday & I on Wednesday. Crazy huh? These past four months have flown. I of course recognize the times that time seemed to stand still & I had to wake up & trust that God had me where he wanted me.

As of right now, the biggest lesson I’m learned & have been praying about it worry. I never knew how bad I was with worry, until this trip, & recently how bad I am about worrying about money. Wow- lets talk about a stronghold. Its not that I’ve always wanted a lot, but to not be in want has been my desire. Well, Lydia & I are broke as a joke, and are in no way finished paying off certain debts in this country. God is faithful though, amen? So its just a good thing we have a dad willing (maybe not able) but willing to help us out!

In addition to constant lessons on this walk with Jesus, I am dealing with a great big transition. I have a new community, family, & friends that I’ll be leaving soon. To come to another country completely alone, and build new relationships from scratch, with them knowing nothing of your past or who you were has been incredible. My relationships here are so fresh & real, and I’m going to miss them deeply. So with that said, yesterday I think I cried my first tears as I thought about leaving this country & people that I love. Please pray for strength & a good transition back into life into the United States. Thanks! You’re the best.

Well, I return July 13th at 4:45pm, at the Indianapolis Airport. If I don’t see you there, I hope to see you soon after I return. I’ll take how ever many free meals, or starbucks, that you want to treat me to! Thanks again for all your love & support & prayers. God has richly blessed my time, & I now have a second home in Kenya.

Xoxo,
Katie

Ps- I’ll most likely send out a last “monthly update” email before I leave. If you don’t receive it… kwa heri (bye) until I return.

No comments: