Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Professional job hunter

I have found myself in a place of discouragment. Wow is it hard to be unemployed, and honestly, I'm not very good at it. I HATE asking for money & thats precisly why I worked my way through college. But as I was talking with Nancy she was urging me to think perhaps God wants me to "be ok". To be ok with getting money from another source than my employment, and to just enjoy this time of life & virtually being "care free"; whether its by choice or not.

So as I step in a leap of faith and move in with her in these next couple weeks it will be hard. Its hard to move out of my parents house permanently. In many ways I feel like I have to hand them over to the Lord. (as if I had some control over their well-being anyway) I'll be handing myself over to the Lord in that I have NO CLUE where I'll be even in a month from now. Life seems so unknown to me... I just don't know sometimes.

You've caught me on a hard day. No job, no car, no money....but I do have to remember I have everything I'll ever need. I have the love of a God who is bigger than jobs, money, friends, husbands, cars, etc. I'm trying to rest in that. To wake up every day & know that there is a reason for the day, but I must get to the end of it to see what He had planned. Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for so many things, but I guess I'm finding myself in a place I didn't expect or anticipated to end up! But I suppose thats just how life is huh? The unexpected always happens because we don't plan out this life. Which, when reviewing my past, I am SO glad I haven't made the plans.

Thanks for reading this blog ya'll... or should I say you! Life is throwing some twists & turns. Many days feel lonely, but I'm encouraged to know that many people are going through this same thing, I just don't know them! :) On the flip side... my friends Ellen Marie Crawford & Robert Freeman Fellows are engaged!!! This is an exciting one. So in Feb. will be Lydia's wedding to Bob Fox & then Ellen & Rob's. Lovely people who I am so excited for.

aight... I'm going to sleep now. Thanks for the love. If you live in or visit Indy holla at me.

xoxo
kate

No comments: