Friday, February 03, 2006

Preparation & Confirmation

Confirmation has been happening. God is brining in funds, and has set my housing in place. I am living with a couple that lives a 5-10 minute walk from Mo (my boss). They sound amazing.

Some days I am nervous about the trip, but God gently reminds me of the call He has placed on my life. This is a time at which He has stripped me of responsibility and obviously no relationship to call my own. (ha ha) So in a sense I am care free, and I think that is precisely so that I could go to KENYA!!!

I am thrilled to go and excited that I get to share my travels with all of you faithful blog readers. If you have sent me funds, I can not thank you enough; if you have been praying for me my thanks extends to you as well. God is doing amazing things and I haven't even left.

What I'm working on now: learning some basic Swahili; finding insurance; and getting my necessary vaccinations.

I love you all and will be posting again soon as the departure day rapidly approaches!

29 Days left

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Katie!

I know we haven't talked since forever but I just wanted to say that I'm proud of you for going to Kenya! What an exciting experience! I hope it goes well and I'll keep reading your blog posts to see how it is going. Good luck!

-Whitney Fraker