Sunday, April 08, 2007

Learning from Relationships

As I was driving home today from northern Indiana I was thinking. There have been some pretty interesting relationships I’ve had through out life thus far. Not just relationships with guys, but relationships in general. Whether it was a bad experience, ending on a sad note, or an absolutely wonderful relationship (not with out hard times) that quite possibly hasn’t ended…. There is always something to learn.

In my reflecting I wanted to choose what I learned from relationships. Dig deep and see where I “dropped the ball”, or rather, where it is just a lesson learned… Because we are not perfect, nor will we ever be. We will be hurt, and we will inflict the hurt. We will cry, and we will be the cause of another’s tears. We will laugh, and perhaps be the source of another’s laughter. But there is always something to learn, and always something to take away.

As God’s sweet voice sang over me, on His day where He conquered death, He reminded me that what is in the past is there for a reason. All choices were made whether we regret them or not. And that He has a good, pleasing, and perfect will unfolding in my life. So, I am taking a look back to see how I can grow for relationships to come:

Trust more
Take leaps of faith
Be spontaneous
Be honest
Don’t hold back so much that you lose out
Risk
Dare
Sacrifice
Understand
Be patient
Stop being so dang rigid
Have faith
Think- but not too much
Really see the other person
Have no expectations
Don’t judge
Have fun
Let go

And the list goes on, and on, and on….

No comments: