Saturday, September 16, 2006

weddings & transitions

Hello blog readers. I realize it has been a hot minute since I’ve written you, and I apologize for that one. But honestly, I’m just trying to figure out my life. Through out the effort to sort myself I’ve realized it isn’t me who will be doing the “sorting”. (The answer is that God will) So right now I have found myself working at a store for Verizon Wireless. It is a great company to work for, but I’m still searching God to know what’s next. I don’t know that I will be there for a long while, but for now its God’s provision in my life and for that I’m thankful.

Ya know what? I have found that transitions aren’t always easy. The next steps are usually great but getting there can be a bit difficult. There are many things that are catching up to me and I haven’t allowed myself to be “sad” about, or miss. My sister Sarah, my friends and family in Kenya, moving from a home I’ve known for 13 years… just to name a few. I’m not asking for pity, but simply telling you what I’m learning. There was a recent diagnosis of tendonitis in my knee, and that has been a bit painful to stand for 8 hours of the day. I don’t know guys… I’m searching for answers, wondering what to do. I miss the 8-5, I miss college, but at this moment those are in the past and for now, this is what God has. Not to minimize because there are many joys.

OH weddings… I am writing while in IL headed back home from a wedding of an old friend (Carrie Barkyoumb) in KS. That was great. Last weekend I attended the late Tricia Callahan’s wedding (she is now Tricia Ray). That was lovely as well. It has been a blessing to see the miracle and blessing that marriage is. For God to unite two people together and that they love each other to commit for life. WOW! Someday, right?

I also LOVE where I’m living, and I love my time with Jesus. He is so good and is speaking to me.

So…that’s me in a nutshell; working for benefits (health that is) & bills, listening to God speak to me, and icing my knee continually. Lovely times. Let me know if God speaks to you about direction for me, and please keep in touch. I love you guys. And I truly pray that your ears are opened and that you take time to hear Him speak to you (not about me); because He is, but we usually just don’t stop to listen.

xoxo

No comments: