Wednesday, November 01, 2006

the past

I have noticed something about myself. I often long for what's past. I love to look at old pictures, read old cards, watch funny videos, and talk about memories long gone. I love the past. Interestingly enough, when I was in the past, I longed for what was before that. I didn't love where I was at that moment. Sure there were moments of utter joy & laughter; but as with each phase of life it always seems to get a little more difficult than the last phase. Yes I love the past, but that gives me no excuse to not look forward to the future.

Yes, each phase of life is truly more difficult than the last because I will have never faced it before. This is the definition of growth. You can't grow when you're doing things you always have, or you've known how to do. But God pushes us in the unknown. Right now, as I sit here & type, there are so many unknowns. How exciting that God wants me to grow so much?! If I'm not feeling a push toward Him, than I'm not being sensitive. He wouldn't be doing Himself justice if He didn't want us to be closer to Him. He absolutely is the best thing that can happen to you. let's take advantage. Let's grow. Let's be pushed. Let's depend on Him.

I love you brothers & sisters. Thank you all for putting me in my place after that last blog. I am thankful to have faithful readers. I appreciate you being in my life.

In love & faith,
Katie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, katie -- i know exactly what you mean! i actually wrote a blog kind of about this too:

http://germie6.blogspot.com/2006/09/nostalgia.html

on "nostalgia" -- reading your post made me go back and read what i wrote and i was sort of like, "man, i wrote this, but i completely forgot why this is important" -- so thanks for writing this!!

Anonymous said...

Hey rafiki,

So I can tell you had quiet an experience in Kenya.It's amazing how your heart just linked with the issues facing this nation.It's not in vain that you came over here,Personally I was glad to have you as a friend.Your leaving was hard for me even though the last few days before you left we didn't spend as much time together.Can't wait to see you soon & so that you can also take me around with Baraka!!!Loads of love,Jackie

Shay said...

you are so cool. Thanks for the insight and advice. I love you.